An insight into JasmineDesign
Our focus for April –
We have completed a refresh for JasmineDev.co.uk our site where we focus on our ongoing web research topics. We will still highlight current topics on this page but more details will be available on JasmineDev.co.uk
We are very happy to release the JasmineWS website and two templates on GitHub. Its been a really fun project to explore how to build a website in the browser and gently guide someone into being able to use GitHub. I would like to thank everyone that has provided us feedback so far.
Still lots more to look into in this area, we will keep the roadmap updated as we cover more features.
In other areas we are currently looking into how small Business Owners with a little web knowledge can update their content and images on StaticPage websites and not be tied to a web builder product or platform.
Areas we are working on – Last updated
Product & Services
- We have started to release more information about our new product ImgFunction that makes managing Images, Image Storage and CDN straight forward.
- We have released a site that over time will explain StaticPage websites it will outline how to build one and the options and choices available across the Cloud vendors.
- We are planning to release a number of new packages and options for websites soon.
- Small changes to a website can make a huge difference in how users see your site, but how do you find and test these changes. Answers coming soon.
Research & Development
- We have started to build a lite version of MinsterCMS this will allow you to add it to an existing website to edit the whole or part of the site.
- We are adding a ASP.NET .NET 7.0 to our MinsterCMS range, along with Headless CMS support to all versions.
- We are in the late stages of beta testing a Cloud first hosted version of MinsterCMS Headless, more details to be released soon. We are currently writing some front-end examples showing how to use the api's.
- We are updating the PHP version of MinsterCMS to make full use of PHP 8.2 which has just been released.
- We have started to build a few prototypes with Blazor WebAssembly and Blazor Server for our website tooling and control panel. With the aim to provide a richer client side experience for our customers. We are continuing this month as we hope to be able to ship updated tooling and hope to write a little about our findings working with Blazor.
- We are starting to look for a lightweight, cookieless and privacy-friendly website analytics package that can ideally be hosted in the UK.
- We are going to write about some of the areas that Microsoft Power Automate & Azure Functions can bring value to your company, for very little work on your part.
- We will be carrying on our server config project from the last few months, as testing has shown us some major improvements.
- We are looking at containers to see what benefits they can bring to our products and help with the building of them by providing a stable development working environment that are fully repeatable. These spec's could be very useful for White Label development and hand over.
- We are looking into how we could use DevOps to deliver faster White Label code along with containers using simple reliable tools for continuous delivery and deployment.
- We are looking at ways to deploy and manage ASP.NET 7.0 within the Linux world.
- We will be carrying on with our new tooling for our static sites which has really taken shape and has shown us great time savings and great rebuild results, currently based around npm run, a template engine and some custom code.
- We are updating a number of our internal projects to TypeScript 5.2 now that it has been released.
Our Websites & Company
- We are looking to provide better cross site links to topics across our co.uk & .com content and the other JasmineDesign sites.
We have been making good progress towards releasing the templates and first major part of the tutorials on JasmineWS.uk
I would like to thank everyone that has provided us feedback so far, this has been really useful.
We are just a few pages away from starting the final testing before we release the project.
Welcome to 2023 & Our first Open Source project –
We have built a guide that walks you through building a website that includes an introduction to working with GitHub.
One of the great things about the web is seeing the results of what you build in real time.
A low barrier of entry was very important to us in this project, so all you need is a free GitHub account, Web Browser and an internet connection and you will be able to follow along on Chromebooks, MAC OS or Windows.
We are very close to launching two HTML & CSS templates which are released under a MIT license.
We will be releasing more information over the next month here as we release the features of this project.
Please feel free to explore Jasminews.uk for more information and our roadmap.
We have a number of new products and features to release this year but most of them are still under wraps at the moment more on them soon. Though most of them are todo with Building Websites and Online Editors and tooling deployed to Cloud Products.
Plus we will be exploring Chromebooks and web development.
Please remember we are always interested in Feedback, so what would you like to read about on here? Let us know.
Build & Publish a website in the browser
Build a website in your web browser using github.dev which is stored on GitHub and configure static hosting to host it.
We have a number of new sections & features planned.
We will release more information as the features are nearing release to the website.
Functions & Serverless
Cloud functions within the serverless landscape.
CDN - Content Delivery Network
We are working on a number of new pages covering setting up & working with CDN's & Image CDN's
We have been enjoying working with Visual Studio Code & TypeScript on a number of new projects.
VS Code seems to be where we spend most of day, whether this be on the web or on the desktop.
We have released a guide on getting started building a website with GitHub.dev and GitHub which also covers VS Code Snippets, Shortcuts and recommend extensions.
Azure articles covering Websites, VM, Data storage, CDN and App Insights. - coming soon.
Released on jasminedesign.com/azure/ pages.
Working with Azure DevOps - TFS, GIT, Build services, Continuous Integration & The Monaco Editor.
Released on jasminedesign.com/vso/ pages.
ASP.Net & ASP.NET Core
We have been enjoying working with ASP.NET Web Pages (Razor) and Azure.
We have a number of ASP.NET articles coming soon.
We will be covering the cross platform use of ASP.NET Core.
Guides covering setting up and using servers from the cloud. Using an Amazon EC2 Server, Azure, DigitalOcean and other services.
Released on jasminedesign.com/cloud/ pages.
Lots of new stuff coming soon.
Released on jasminedesign.com/nodejs/ pages.
So much is happening in this space at the moment, some great articles to release very soon.
HTML & CSS articles coming soon.
Released on jasminedesign.com/html/ pages.
Released on jasminedesign.com/css/ pages.
We are also working on sections covering:
- Online Development Tools / IDEs
- Version Control
- Website Testing
- Automated Testing & Deployment